Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sick Oh . . .

Some kind of viral infection/flu has kept me semi-conscious since Sunday night, and only now am I able to stumble around, hold down fluids, and maybe, just maybe, ingest some solid food. I haven't been this sick in years, and brother, you can have it. Chaotic images crowding my clouded mind, every part of my body aching, head splitting in two, puking into a bag beside my couch. So, blogging and the book have been the least of my concerns.

At least I didn't go Heath Ledger. What a waste. Ledger was a terrific actor, just finding his stride with years ahead of him to polish his craft. As my favorite saying goes, death never takes the wise man by surprise, he is always ready to go.

My son and I have been anticipating "The Dark Knight," the next Batman film in which Ledger plays what is perhaps the most twisted Joker ever screened. Apparently, he went deep Method with this part, living in a hotel room, keeping a journal of crazy thoughts, listening to the Sex Pistols and watching "A Clockwork Orange." From the looks of the trailer, Ledger appears to have accomplished his lunatic clown goal.